THERE ARE SOME POINTS YOU MUST NOTE ABOUT FIBROIDS
SOMEONE WILL ASK, WHAT ARE FIBROIDS?
“Fibroids are muscular tumors that grow in the wall of the uterus (womb). Do you know about 20 percent to 80 percent of women develop fibroids by the time they reach age 50? According to research, fibroids are commonly found in women in their 40s and sometimes their early 50s.”
Do Fibroids show symptoms ?
This is what research had to say
“Most often than not, fibroids do not cause any symptoms, but some women with fibroids may have any of the following:
- Heavy bleeding (which can be heavy enough to cause anemia) or painful periods
- Feeling of fullness in the pelvic area (lower stomach area)
- Enlargement of the lower abdomen
- Frequent urination
- Pain during sex.
- Lower back pain
HOW DO YOU KNOW YOU HAVE FIBROID?
Okay, so one may want to find out if they have fibroid. It’s simple! Give Your doctor the opportunity by visiting her or him for a regular pelvic exam to check your uterus, ovaries, and vagina. The doctor will be able to feel the fibroid with her or his fingers during an ordinary pelvic exam, as a (usually painless) lump or mass on the uterus.
IS TREATMENT AVAILABLE?
Currently these are the treatment available for fibroid.
- Radio frequency ablation uses heat to destroy fibroid tissue without harming surrounding normal uterine tissue.
- Anti-hormonal drugs may provide symptom relief without bone-thinning side effects. SOURCE: HEALTHLINE.COM
Remember your health is our Priority
#womenshealth #Awareness #Julyisfibroidawarenessmonth